UpdateSignerCert.bat error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

artivaswani
Participant

UpdateSignerCert.bat error

Post by artivaswani »

Hi,

I have installed Datastage client v8.7 on windows 2008 R2 and trying to connect to solaris server. I am unable to connect to server with the following error:
"The provider url [iiop://<server_hostname>:2810] given to connect to server [<server_hostname>] on port [9080] seems to be incorrect or it is not trusted. In order to have trusted connection, please run UpdateSignerCerts{.sh|.bat} -host <server_hostname> -port 9080 to import the server's signer certificate into the local trust store."

However,when I run UpdateSignedCert.bat script, I get following error:
"CWPKI0314E: The following error is returned from an exception: ADMC0017E: Could not create an RMI connector to connect to host <server_hostname> at port 2810"

The following firewall ports are opened:
31531, 31533, 31538,13400, 13401, 9081.

Can anyone please suggest what can I check? or why this error occuring while connecting and running UpdateSignerCert.bat?

Thanks
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Go to a command prompt and ping your host. If the host name can not be resolved, add an entry to your hosts file.

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What about opening ports 9080 and 2810 ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
artivaswani
Participant

Post by artivaswani »

It was firewall issue. Openeing the required ports resolved the issue.

Thanks.