dssh remote connectivity

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

dssh remote connectivity

Post by zulfi123786 »

Hi,

I need to run a script on test server to import jobs from DEV, the issue is ISTOOL utility requires component type as one of its input (pjb for parallel job, sjob for server job etc)

Is there a way to connect to DEV project account using dssh remotely and fetch the type of job, for existing jobs I can get the type from TEST project itself but it wont work for new jobs.

Thanks
- Zulfi
felixyong
Participant

Re: dssh remote connectivity

Post by felixyong »

Hi

We do have the Information Server Manager (ISM) from DataStage 8.5 onwards that allow you re create and deploy package (DataStage Jobs) across Server (as long as connection allow).

The ISM is also how we can integrate with the Source Control Tools like RTC, ClearCase, etc for those packages.
Regards
Felix
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Provided that both DEV and TEST environments are managed by the same application server, you should be able simply to specify the command line arguments for the DEV environment in your istool command. The "remote" part will be handled via the metadata access service.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.