Building Package Timeout

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

Building Package Timeout

Post by MrBlack »

I'm using IS Server Manager to build a package for later sending to a prod environment. After defining a package, randomly when I build I get a timeout exception.

Also I don't know if this is related to my timeouts, sometimes when a package is sent to my prod environment (using the istools.sh utility to import the package from the command line) when the jobs go to run datastage says it's not in a runnable state. No matter how many times the package is redeployed and is proven to be runnable in dev, the only thing that I can do to get it to run in prod is to compile.

I realize all this is very obscure and is hard to know what is going on when you can't see my environment config. I'm just throwing this out there hoping that maybe someone can share their insights setting up a dev/prod workflow and how they had to configure their environment.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

It sounds like a defect. There is a DataStage 11.3.x core/client rollup patch 2 available for download on IBM Support Fix Central. You may want to check and see if it's already applied in your environment or not. If not, download it and review the README file. If there's no match, open a Support case to report the problem and hopefully find a solution.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

I wanted to just post what seems to have resolved the issue. In the

Code: Select all

C:\IBM\InformationServer11.3\ASBNode\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.iis.client\iis.client.site.properties

file, adding this line to the bottom so far has resolved this this issue:

Code: Select all

# To increase client timeout to 180 minutes
com.ibm.iis.http.soTimeout=10800000
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Interesting. There is actually some documentation about that setting too.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledge ... ig_bg.html
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius