Intergrate Source Control Grayed Out

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrBlack
Participant

Intergrate Source Control Grayed Out

Post by MrBlack »

I'm preparing to migrate from v9 to v11 and I've gone through the install process and can use the multi manager to switch between the two environments in designer. I'm now in Information Server Manager and I'm trying to Integrate Source Control but the option is grayed out for me in v11??? I had it working in v9. I'm assuming it's something to do with having two versions installed at the same time. I've found the .metafolder and removed it and noticed that v11 will create a new one for me but that still hasn't fixed the issue. So I'm thinking there must be some other folder somewhere else that they both depend on and it's blocking me.
MrBlack
Participant

Post by MrBlack »

What the biggest piece of CRAP!

You have to be a Suite Component Admin in order to integrate source control!

IBM has some serious work to do with their role management. It's not too far fetched of an idea to want to specify someone as Suite Component User and have them be able to periodically commit their changes into source control for the project they're working on while at the same time not giving them all the other functionality of admin and access to the other projects that they shouldn't be allowed into.

I did discover you only have be an admin for the 2 mins it take to click the integrate button. Then you can demote your user to just a DS Suite User and you can still commit and do anything else you need to do in your source control.