Handle Java Encrypted Source file.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vibwipro
Participant

Handle Java Encrypted Source file.

Post by vibwipro »

Hi All,

I am having a requirement which need to be implemented in Datastage. A source file is provided to us which is Java encrypted we need to decrypt it apply transformation logic and again load data in same encrypted format in target file.

Encrypted formula is provided to me.

Q1 :- Which stage I should use to decrypt provided source file ?
Q2 :- How shall I use Encrypted formula to decrypt my source file ?

Please provide me your valuable inputs.

Regards. :idea:
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

The encryption/decryption routine given to you is in JAVA most likely, sooo... a JAVA stage to execute the routine would be good. You could also write a shell script that runs the java code. Not sure what the java routine would do, but it basically needs to spit the data into STDOUT is my guess. If it decrypts the file and it remains in a file format, then your datastage job needs to read the content as any seq file or cff.

If it is dropping an unencrypted file to disk... that would be a security exposure since it is landing data at rest unencrypted. If it spits it out to STDOUT then it would be better.
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx for reply.

Just wanted to check .. do we need to install some patches on Datastage sever or on Unix box to execute Java Code ??
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

No...the Java Stages (Java Transformer, Java Client and Java Integration Stage [9.1 if you want to use the latter]) are built into the tool. There is more required, so review the doc and do lots of searches here in the forum...there is a LOT of material on the Stages ....or the simple "command line" invocation as noted above is also a possibility ---- again, out of the box.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thx. I am new to java stages ... Please share any tutorials how to use these all stages.

Even my last question is unanswered Can we execute ... Java code on Unix box or in Datastage through some routines directly or we need to install some addition patches.

Regards.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This last question?
vibwipro wrote:Just wanted to check .. do we need to install some patches on Datastage sever or on Unix box to execute Java Code ??
eostic wrote:No...the Java Stages (Java Transformer, Java Client and Java Integration Stage [9.1 if you want to use the latter]) are built into the tool.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can execute anything for which you have a command line interface. Assuming there is some kind of JVM on every processing node, you would use an appropriate java command to execute Java components. You may need to ensure that environment variables such as PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and CLASSPATH are set correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Do "Javac" Compiler comes with Datastage ??

When were a Datastage engine is installed so dose automatically 'JavaC' compiler also get installed ? So that all java code can get executed.

I have a requirement where i need to develop a datstage code which can handle Java coded files and we need to deploy it to other servers as well we are using JavaC compiler to compile Java programs.

Wanted a confirmation does JavaC compiler always present on DS engine or not ..?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You need a jdk and lots of other things to start building and compiling your java code. A java compiler does not need to be in the engine...it needs to be in your development environment. To be successful with this you will need to find an experienced java resource who knows how to establish java environments, build and compile java classes and jars, and how to integrate with various api's.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
vibwipro
Participant

Post by vibwipro »

Thanks Means it is not a part of Datastage Install pack ...

If we have javac compiler in Dev environment so we need to make sure that same need to be installed on Other server as well where this code will be migrated. Right ..??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Compiler in dev, runtime everywhere else.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers