Email Notification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Email Notification

Post by Amin »

I Need to send Email from Datastage job, I use Notification Activity stage of Sequence Job.

1: When I pass all parameters in Notification Tab of Notification Activity stage like;
SMTP server name; Sender Email address; Recipients Email address; Email Subject and Email body then it gives that message..
JobControl (DSSendMail): Sent message to 'salman.ahmad1@ymail.com'
Executed command: /infosphere/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/EIW/sendmail_EIW_LD_UBSBrandXref_20214000_32731.sh
*** No output from command ***
The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server
And When I only pass that parameters
Sender Email address; Recipients Email address; Email Subject; Email body And not give SMTP server name then it gives that message
EIW_LD_UBSBrandXref..JobControl (DSSendMail): Sent message to 'salman.ahmad1@ymail.com'
Executed command: /infosphere/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/EIW/sendmail_EIW_LD_UBSBrandXref_23754000_10987.sh
*** No output from command ***
But Email is not sending...

dssendmail_template.txt File contents are as follow;
#! /bin/sh
/usr/lib/sendmail -t <<////
To: %to%
Subject: %subject%
%body%
////
What I have need to do for sending Email? And Is there any change required in dssendmail_template.txt file?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

#1 is normal for a UNIX system and not an error, there's no need to include the SMTP server name. And no, there's generally no need to edit the template in any fashion.

Both times show the send as 'successful', if you are not receiving them start by talking to whomever is the System Administrator for your ETL server. Have them verify the server is correctly set up for sendmail from the command line, don't worry about the 'from DataStage' part yet.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've encountered cases in the past where mail on the DataStage wasn't set up, and mails from DataStage would just get queued and never sent.
Have you tried to send mail manually from the DS Server? Use the sendmail command as it is in the script, just supply the values from your keyboard. I suspect that is where your current problem lies.
Amin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amin »

Ok I have to check with ETL Server Administrator, Also need to verify send mail commands working or not.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any news on this?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers