Unable to delete Datastage Job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to delete Datastage Job

Post by Nagac »

Hi

I am unable to delete Datastage Job in one of my Project, It is giving below eerror:
Unable to delete the item(s).

Delete object for '\Jobs\Feeds\GlobalArtist\INTL305101_ArtistDuplicateValidation' failed.Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205

This error occurred on 03/12/2014 at 17:43 (Standard format: 2014/12/03 17:43:13)

Product Version: 9.1.2.0
Client tag: b45afce9-bb6a-4aec-ac72-b40139bde4cf
Application: DSDesign.exe (PID 20192)
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 Service Pack 1
Detected: WOW64 (windows running on Windows 64-bit)
.NET Framework version: 4.0.30319.1026
Machine Name: UKBNDWD91700
User Name: chalamn
Language: English (United Kingdom)
Time Zone: GMT Daylight Time

Error message:
Unable to delete the item(s).

Delete object for '\Jobs\Feeds\GlobalArtist\INTL305101_ArtistDuplicateValidation' failed.Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205

Exception type: OperationException
Exception message: Unable to delete the item(s).
Exception source: IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.Operations.BuiltIn
Exception stack trace:
IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.OperationException: Unable to delete the item(s).
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.Operations.BuiltIn.Delete.DoOperation(OperationIfArgs operationArgs)
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.Operation.DoOperation(ReposObjectCollection reposObjects, Object sourceObject)
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.OperationMenuBuilder.menuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Inner exception IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposAccessException: Delete object for '\Jobs\Feeds\GlobalArtist\INTL305101_ArtistDuplicateValidation' failed.Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.DeleteObjectsX(ReposObjectCollection objectList, Boolean ignoreReadOnly, DeleteModeEnum deleteMode)
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.DeleteObjects(ReposObjectCollection objectList, Boolean ignoreReadOnly)
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryView.OperationManager.Operations.BuiltIn.Delete.DoOperation(OperationIfArgs operationArgs)
Inner exception IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposAccessException: Delete object for '\Jobs\Feeds\GlobalArtist\INTL305101_ArtistDuplicateValidation' failed.Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.DeleteReposObject(ReposObject thisObject, Boolean ignoreReadOnly, DeleteModeEnum deleteMode)
at IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.DeleteObjectsX(ReposObjectCollection objectList, Boolean ignoreReadOnly, DeleteModeEnum deleteMode)
Inner exception IBM.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposException: Delete object for '\Jobs\Feeds\GlobalArtist\INTL305101_ArtistDuplicateValidation' failed.Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205
I tried deleting the XMETALOCKINFO table as well and there were no records available in it now. Still I couldn't delete the Job.

Could someone help me on this?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Cannot open executable job file RT_CONFIG205"

Does this exist and have the proper permissions?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you mean "dropped" the XMETALOCKINFO table, or "deleted (all records from)" the XMETALOCKINFO table? If the former, a whole lot of things are about to stop working for you.

For the rest, let's wait till you've reported whether RT_CONFIG205 exists. You might also tell us whether I_RT_CONFIG205 exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nagac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagac »

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, RT_CONFIG205 was exists and haven't checked I_RT_Config205.

It worked, after restarting the server.