Unable to connect to project - 39125 error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pqrabc
Participant

Post by pqrabc »

Hi,

Suddenly we have started getting error - The directory you are connecting to is not a UV account or does not exist (39125)) error while trying to open project. The same was running fine before an hour.
Searching though forums I found that this happens if 6 files are missing
VOC
D_VOC
VOCLIB
D_VOCLIB
&SAVEDLISTS&
D_&SAVEDLISTS&
These files are suddenly missing from project, and now I want to add them. Can we copy the files from the same project running in development environment ?
pqrabc
Participant

Re: Unable to connect to project - 39125 error

Post by pqrabc »

Hi,

I just found that we have server data backup available from the same environment (QA), can we just copy these missing files from there
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can certainly try. Are you sure that's all that is missing?

Any idea what in the heck happened? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pqrabc
Participant

Post by pqrabc »

Hi,

I restored the files from the server backup and now I am able to login to project and run jobs. However when I try to open logs , few jobs show error message : Cannot open executable job file RT_Config<>

What can be the reason ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Did you check that it exists and has the proper permissions? I'm guessing they are gone as well. Off the top of my head you may need to recompile the jobs to restore those. Or get them from backup as well.
-craig

asorrell

Post by asorrell »

This is may be a problem where the UNIX security group setting is not set correctly for all files in the project. Do a recursive chgrp to insure your DataStage group (usually dstage or some sort of project group) owns all the files in the project. Also make sure that the sub-directories all have the correct rwx permissions for group access as well.

Did developers keep working in the project while you were trying to restore the VOC / VOCLIB, etc? If so, then your VOC pointers to the RT_x files may be out of whack.

Are you on 8.5 or higher where you can fairly easily run SyncProject?

If so, that will report discrepancies (use -REPORT) and also try to resolve them if you use the -FIX option.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I have seen something of this nature earlier where developer was trying to create a routine and passing rm *.* when shelling out to unix. And he didn't specify the folder and guess what, landed in situation where a lot of files were missing from project directory. Although it took a lot of time to find out what did hit that server, I was able to find that out when developer ran tested that routine again :P .

In your case as well you will have to find out what exactly caused that problem else it might happen again,

And yes, you can run ISA Lite or SyncProject to get the project up. You may need to recompile the jobs to make it run.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

[slowly raises hand]

:(
-craig