List out Columns used in datastage job (XMETA/DSODB/UNIX)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

List out Columns used in datastage job (XMETA/DSODB/UNIX)

Post by bj_ds7 »

Is there a way to list out all columns used in job level/stage level either using DSODB / XMETA / DSJOB Command from unix ? Kindly advise if there is any other approach to get this information.
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The dsjob command has a -report option. You may want to try it using the DETAIL report type.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
bj_ds7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bj_ds7 »

Thanks for the response. But this command provides link level details, but column level details. Is there any other way if can pull column level details used in a job ?
Thanks & Regards!
BJ
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

You can get those details from XMETA. I do not have an xmeta to play with at the moment but I might be worth looking at DSLINKS and DSFLOWVARIABLES tables in xmeta, you can apply %% on both sides to search for these tables.

There might be case where the list of RIDs are present in single clob which you may need to break.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

My bad. There is also a job report that actually includes column details. From Designer, go to the File menu and Generate a Report. There is a dsdesign.exe command line option for generating a job report as well, which you can run from the Client tier. It is documented in the Designer Client Guide.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius