ParameterSet -Value File Name

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

info_ds
Charter Member
Charter Member

ParameterSet -Value File Name

Post by info_ds »

Hi
Is there way to get the Value File Name from the choosen ParameterSet.
for ex
psSourceDB is the name of the parameterset and the value are shown below
Region1 xxx yyy zzz
Region2 aaa bbb ccc
Region3 eee fff ggg
where Region1,Region2,Region3 are the value file names.

I need to capture the value file name when the job is run for psSourceDB.Region1

The idea is to pass the value file name (ex Region1) as an argument to the unix script to execute DataStage job.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Capture it from where?

You're trying to set up the job run request, so clearly you can't expect to capture it from the job itself.

The point of values files is that you have different sets of default values for the parameters in the Parameter Set for different circumstances (for example for each environment or, in your case, for each region).

So, when you're creating your job run request, how does the script know the region for which it must execute the job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you want to capture the values file name that was used in the job run after the job has been run (or even while it is running), simply review the "run starting" event in the job log, either using the Director client, the dsjob command, or the DataStage API.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by TonyInFrance »

In case you are looking for the values that you've attributed to a parameter set you should be able to find them at:

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/<PROJECT_NAME>/ParameterSets/<PARAMETER SET NAME>

This contains a flat file for each value file for the said parameter set.

On my system this is the folder but basically this is the folder where IS is installed.

Note: Encrypted parameters aren't displayed
Tony
BI Consultant - Datastage