Multiple DataStage Clients

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

neeraj
Participant

Multiple DataStage Clients

Post by neeraj »

Hello,

We are planning to install DataStage 8.7 client on Citrix to be accessed remotely but the issue is we already have DataStage 8.5 installed and being currently accessed by another project.

Will DataStage Client 8.7 installation have any impact on the DataStage 8.5 client.

I believe we can have 2 different clients installed on Citirix.

Regards
Neeraj
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You should probably provision a different Citrix Windows host to have your other release level. I have not seen anyone use multi client manager on a citrix setup.

Technically you could have multiple windows boxes behind those icons and be load balanced. The multi client manager would technically also be load balanced and could change your settings on some other machine.

I've been in 4 shops now with Citrix for our clients, we've always done a seperate server to my knowledge.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

The Multi-Client Manager allows you to select which DataStage client version is active on a given Windows desktop. It normally takes 3 to 5 minutes to switch back and forth between versions each time.

Request more Windows desktops from your Citrix admin.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
neeraj
Participant

Post by neeraj »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I was undergoing some of the post and found that Multi Client Manager can be used to install multiple version of DataStage on the same machine. But this option will not work when we have 2 different project accessing different version of DataStage(one project asccessing 8.5 client while other project accessing 8.7 client) on the same citrix box.

Is the above scenerio working for anyone?

Regards
Neeraj
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The only support for multiple clients installed on the same host is via the MCM which means only one can be operational at a time. As noted, you'll need another Citrix host.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers