Optional parameter in dsjob for maximum loop count

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Optional parameter in dsjob for maximum loop count

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi
I have a sequencer which has to run in a loop for a maximum value in a table, i tried searching this forum and googling but couldnt find a way to pass the maximum loop count to the start loop activity ( please let me know if there is a way to do it), then now i'm thinking to pass that value as a parameter from a unix script which i'm using to start the sequencer, the problem is, i'm using the below syntax to start all the sequencers,

Code: Select all

dsjob -server :12345 -run -wait -jobstatus -warn 0 -param ParamSet1=$pParamValueSet $vProjectName $pSeq_Name 
but if i add a parameter to pass the maximum value to the same syntax, other sequencers are not running, like below

dsjob -server :12345 -run -wait -jobstatus -warn 0 -param ParamSet1=$pParamValueSet -param vcount=$count $vProjectName $pSeq_Name

Can someone give me a solution either for passing in the sequencer itself to the "start loop" activity or from the unix script
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Periods are your friend. :wink:

How is $count instantiated? Does it work for you if you replace it with a number?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers