Datastage QualityStage License

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage QualityStage License

Post by nvalia »

Hi,

I have a couple of licensing questions

1. When we purchase the Infosphere Information Server Enterprise Edition for Datastage, does it automatically include Quality Stage or there is a separate license to use it in Datastage Jobs?

2. Can we buy "Server" License or "Parallel" License if we plan to use only Server jobs for the latest version or they both are included as part of the same license?

Thanks,
VN
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datastage QualityStage License

Post by qt_ky »

nvalia wrote:Infosphere Information Server Enterprise Edition for Datastage
Double check the product names, editions, and offerings carefully, and also confirm both of your questions directly with a sales person.

I don't see an exact match on the IBM web site. Here is what the IBM web site says as of now (it may change at any time).
  • IBM InfoSphere Information Server Enterprise Edition consists of three offerings:
    • IBM InfoSphere Business Information Exchange
      IBM InfoSphere Information Server for Data Integration
      IBM InfoSphere Information Server for Data Quality
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hint: You need to research further which products are included in IBM Information Server for Data Quality.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvalia »

For 1 - Confirmed that Quality Stage License is inbuilt when we buy Infosphere Information Server with Datastage.

For 2 - Will update once I get this information confirmed
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note that the current version of QualityStage is parallel-only.

If you buy a DataStage licence only for server jobs, you will only be able to invoke legacyQualityStage jobs using an agent process. None of the new QualityStage functionality will be available to you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.