best way to design near real time job/sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

best way to design near real time job/sequence

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi all,

I got a requirment where i need to design a solution for near real time data extraction.

My requirment is,i need to extract data from source and run my job in every 10 mints from 8:30AM to 10PM.

I am thinking to design a sequence with many loops and stop,reset it everyday at 10PM using script and retrigger it in morning.

I will appreciate if someone can give other solution.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why? What's wrong with your solution? We implement almost exactly that scenario in that way (though it's a 15 minute interval), with the addition of a mechanism for notifying the sequence to stop (a file comes into existence).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Thanks Ray,

My only concern with this solution is Job log,log will keep on appending for the sequence because it will run 80 times in one day in a loop and auto purge only works when sequence finishes,and in solution it will finishe at 10.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've done something very similar with the "need to stop" polling for a file that Ray mentioned... but it was every 5 minutes. No problems with the sequence job's log. The job you run "80 times in one day" will have 80 opportunities a day to purge itself. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers