Repository Items Cannot Show In Designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dxwwq557
Participant

Repository Items Cannot Show In Designer

Post by dxwwq557 »

Hi All,

I faced a problem after installed information server 8.5.

I cannot view the any item from repository pallete in designer, but I could view the job through director. Also could view the items from the [FILE] -> [OPEN] to select the items.

Anyone have faced this problem?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I hit a similar problem once after installing the client onto an unsupported version of Windows 7 (I think it was Home Edition). Check that your client tier operating system is supported for that release.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the version of my client system, it should support the client, ever I installed the clients (including v7.x, v8.x, v9.x) on it. Do you know any other problem could cause this problem?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Have you already tried searching the forums here and the IBM support portal?

Have you tried applying Microsoft Windows updates and rebooting?

I don't know what the cause could be. Hopefully someone else does.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

Sorry , late reply, the problem have been fixed. it may be caused by client. following are my fixed step.

I use multiple client manager to change version to 8.7 , then change it back to 8.5. the problem fixed.

so I think this is caused by client. :shock: