How to come out of end loop in Sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_8112
Participant

How to come out of end loop in Sequence

Post by ds_8112 »

Hi,

I have a requirement to process multiple file (of the same pattern) and notify to the support group in case of failure or if the job is completed successfully

To achieve this functionality I am using a start loop and end loop activity in my sequence job , issue is how do I send an email after successful completion of processing of all files ( I mean from the end loop activity stage we can have only one link back to the start loop activity stage) , not sure how to peform some activity (in my case sending successful completion mail) after the loop is completed

Is there any way to achieve this in the same sequence or do I need to create one more wrapper sequence and handle it over there

Thanks in advance...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to come out of end loop in Sequence

Post by chulett »

ds_8112 wrote:( I mean from the end loop activity stage we can have only one link back to the start loop activity stage)
Not true. That link back to start is created automatically but you can certainly create links that go onwards from that stage to whatever you need to do once the loop finishes.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers