Datastage 8.5 Installation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naveen_1985in
Participant

Datastage 8.5 Installation

Post by naveen_1985in »

Hi,

I have installed the datastage version 8.5 in Windows 7.The installation was sucessfull,However after the installation got completed ,I restarted the machine and tried to login into the web console of Infosphere Information Server to add users to the project.

URl : http ://localhost:9080/ibm/iis/console

The web console url didnt connect and gave an error saying " Unable to connect " in Firefox.

Is there any mechanism to be followed to change the host file or something in order to connect the webconsole.

As I have installed the datastage in the desktop.(Which could act as both server and client).

Could someone please help me out.

Many Thanks !!!!
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

A couple of things:
- v8.5 isn't supported on Windows 7. v8.7 is.
- When you say the installation was successful, did you check version.xml and the install logs?
- Is port 9080 open (check with netstat -a) when you try the console?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As well as what Stuart suggested, make sure that the requisite port numbers are open in any firewall you have installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

If it's all on the one box:
- make sure you can connect to the XMETA DB manually
- stop the ASB and WAS services
- start WAS manually and wait until 9080 is open before trying the console again. Having a status of Started beside the service doesn't mean WAS has finished starting up...
- start ASB

You can have the situation on Windows where the services are all set to Automatic and the XMETA listener port isn't open before WAS tried to hit it.
Then WAS won't start properly even though it says it.
Then you probably won't have 9080.
naveen_1985in
Participant

Post by naveen_1985in »

I checked the command however I didnt find any service running on 9080 port ...
naveen_1985in
Participant

Post by naveen_1985in »

Running the services again will it solve the problem..What I man is I restart the WAS and the ASB and try opening the URL of the webconsole..Will that work ...Whats your thought ?????
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

By connecting manually, I mean use some other way of connecting the the repository as the XMETA user. You'll need to set up a system DSN to XMETA. Can you do that successfully?

If it was a timing issue then a simple restart should work as long as you wait for 9080.
What do the logs say about the WAS restart?
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

How did you managed to installed the server on windows 7, it is not supported. The reason for this, you mentioned local host in the url.

Only client is supported on windows 7 for version 8.7 and 8.5 client works well too.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
naveen_1985in
Participant

Post by naveen_1985in »

Hi,

When I installed the datastage both the server and client were working fine, I created a Simple Job and it was working fine too.

After I restarted my system the datastage didnt work fine.It gave me an error message.When I tried to open the web console it didnt open up , I think that could be because of the port issue(not 100% confident).

Most of them say " Datastage 8.5 will not get installed in Windows 7.How could... I can install and then run them up fine."

I felt the problem only after the restart of the machine till that time Datastage was running up and fine.

Can anyone suggest what would have happened after the restart of the machine that led to the failure of datastage from opening ?????

I have installed both the server and client on the same machine.

Do I have to perform any pre-requisite task before logging into DS ????
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Read the 3rd point in my original post. Was it open?
Also read my second post. That explains why this may have happened, and what you should try to make sure it's not this.

But still, you're just asking questions without giving us much to go on. Have you checked the logs? Do some digging.