DataStage Job Generation using FastTrack mappings

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mmahes
Participant

DataStage Job Generation using FastTrack mappings

Post by mmahes »

I would like to know whether we can generate a Datastage job logic with CDC logic implement with the FastTrack. To explain in details, My requirement is to specify the FastTack mapping such that we would able to generate a DataStage Job with CDC stage in it.

Does FastTrack able to produce such a mapping? please help on this.

If you have more info, please also share what all the stages which are supported while generating for FastTrack mapping?
Last edited by mmahes on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

I don't think FastTrack is yet capable of generating complex jobs. FastTrack would be able to generate fairly straight forward jobs. Why don't you check it for yourself? Would definitely love to be proved wrong :)
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
From memory, no way to check this now.
I think fastrack connects via ODBC
Unless something changed in recent versions
So I think you can't.
Lets see what others think...
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
mmahes
Participant

Thanks for reply

Post by mmahes »

jerome_rajan wrote:I don't think FastTrack is yet capable of generating complex jobs. FastTrack would be able to generate fairly straight forward jobs. Why don't you check it for yourself? Would definitely love to be proved wrong :)
To update on the similar lines, I tried creating the FastTrack mapping to generate aggregator stage Job but I could only end up with a place holder for Aggregator. The place holder is a local container which holds annotation description on what are the groupby attributes to be considered for Aggregation logic. :)