WebSphere MQ w/ DTS - Queue Manager config file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soumya5891
Participant

WebSphere MQ w/ DTS - Queue Manager config file

Post by soumya5891 »

I am trying to use DTS stage by configuring qm.ini file

In queue manager config file I have one DB2 database has already added as resource. Now if I want to add a separate DB2 database in different server(which is already cataloged in the DS server ) then do I need to create a new switch load library for that alone.

If not then do I need to stop the queue manager first and then add the entry in the qm.ini file and again start the queue manager.

One more thing in this regard can we use any database (other than Oracle,DB2,SQl server)
Soumya
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I changed your title a bit to make it more apparent that this is really a WebSphere MQ question (at least I think it is!).

You might want to try posting on an MQ technical forum to increase your odds of getting a response. There are only a few folks here that have worked with MQ, and very few that might have done a distributed transaction with MQ.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Thanks a lot Andy for your response.

You are right the title is most appropriate now.

Surely I will post it in MQ related forum.Just thought that as it is related to datastage job running consisting DTS that's why posted over here.
Soumya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's a fair question, and I've done a fair amount of work with DTS, but alas, always with one critical target DB. Not sure about that MQ particular..... let us know if you find out anything on the MQ side of things! :)

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Thanks to all for the support.
The qm.ini file finally has been changed and entered a new database details and restarted the mq server and it worked perfectly.

In my config file I have more than one databases situated in the different server.The DTS stage works perfectly for any one of the database.

Now I'm marking it as resolved
Soumya