ReStartablity of Sequence in case of warnings

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

ReStartablity of Sequence in case of warnings

Post by DSRajesh »

Dear All,

I have a sequence which is calling jobs/sequences and with trigger condition with warning-conditional link to SEQUENCER with ANY mode and the SEQUENCER linked to Routine Activity which is calling UtilityAbortToLog and sending message using notification activity.

so whenever Warnings occur in any datastage job activity ,then sequence is aborted but if re starts it is starting from starting job activity.

what shall do if i need to restart the sequence from the job activity which causes warning rather than from starting job activity.
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

could any one suggest me on this..
RD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Suggest patience... it is a weekend, after all.

Let's start at the beginning. Do you have checkpoints enabled in the Sequence job? Do you understand that restartability is driven by aborts, not warnings?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you want to do anything differently from the default, create triggers that will implement your logic to your needs. Use Sequencers within the sequence to combine triggers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And for something 'out of the box' you'd need to ensure the jobs abort rather than simply end with warnings if you want that to be the restart point. You could do that a couple of different ways, one would be to drop the warning limit down so that the first warning aborts the job. Another would be to check the INTERIMSTATUS in an after job routine and if the check shows the job will be finishing with warnings, call the Abort utility there. This would allow all warnings to be captured, something you wouldn't see with the first approach but still abort the job so the Sequence could restart from that point... assuming you still ensure that the Sequence aborts as well for the checkpoints to function.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers