DSSendMail error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreesuku2
Participant

DSSendMail error

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,

I am getting the below error while running the Notification activity in sequence. I get the same error when I use DSSendmailTester in a job.

Js_SupportHc_mailsending..Transformer_4 (DSSendMail): Error when executing command: D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\GDMIS_Production\sendmail_Js_SupportHc_mailsending_41340931_5772.bat
*** Output from command was: ***
SMTPMail Looking up server...
SMTPMail Unable to locate server!

Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.

Contents of command file:
D:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin\dssmtpmail.exe -file sendmail_Js_SupportHc_mailsending_41340931_5772_file.tmp

I have referred the below post from the same forum
viewtopic.php?p=362808

But my server details are correct. I was using DS 7.5 version and we have migrated to 8.5. Mail sending and notification activities are working fine in 7.5 environment. I am using the same server and sender details in 8.5. In DSSendmailTester it gives an error when you remove the single quotes for the server in the code.

Regards
Sree
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DSSendMail error

Post by chulett »

sreesuku2 wrote:if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.
Did you check this? Compare the template contents between the two versions?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried double quotes around the name of the SMTP server?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi Craig,

I did a line by line comparison of both the dssendmail_template.txt files located in the project directory.

I found difference only in one line
In 8.5 its - * blat.exe %file% -raw -f %from% -t %to% -s "%subject%" -server %server%

In 7.5 its - * blat.exe %file% -f %from% -t %to% -s "%subject%" -server %server%

Ray : I have tried double quotes. Its validating, but while running it gives the same error
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... I doubt the -raw option is the issue but in your shoes I'd make the two blat command lines identical and see if that changes anything.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sreesuku2
Participant

Post by sreesuku2 »

Hi,
The issue got resolved :D :D

We were using lotus notes servers. In the new DS server, we were not able to connect to lotus server If we use the domain name (Eg : d23mlc..), but when we tried with the actual ip of the server it was working.

So I mapped the ip and domain name in the host file on the server (Path : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc), then its working :) :)

Thanks for all the replies

Regards
Sree