DSJob -server login inf question

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jdinero
Participant

DSJob -server login inf question

Post by jdinero »

I recently installed 9.1 parallel with 8.7 and I have both systems up and running successfully so far. I have unix scripts that are calling dsjob to run batch jobs. I was told by IBM that once I am ready to use the 9.1 rather then the 8.7, I will need to add the -server parameter to the dsjob command line since 9.1 is not installed on the default port.

my current scripts look like this and they perform perfectly

$DSBINDIR/dsjob -logsum $Project ${job_name}

I added the following -server option and now I am getting an error where it is asking me for login information: (log error shows "Please type user name:")

$DSBINDIR/dsjob -server myserver:31538 -logsum $Project ${job_name}
(notice this is the default port, i am trying to get the existing version to work with the port option first, then i can just replace all scripts with the new port number when i am ready)

Any idea why just adding the port specification would trigger the user name question??

Thanks,
Jennifer

:?
-Jennifer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that when using "-server" you always need to add the userid and password as well. Or did it work for you by just adding the userid?
jdinero
Participant

Post by jdinero »

hhhmmm, ok. I would prefer not to hardcode the userID and password in the 100s of scripts we have.

Is there a way to change the port back to the default after I installed 9.1?
-Jennifer
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I am not certain if using "-server" forces you to add userid and password; but I think it does -- which would be a lot of work for you to change in all your scripts.

I am not aware of a method to change the port after installation, I think it would be safer to de-install and re-install on the default port.
jdinero
Participant

Post by jdinero »

Ok, just an update. IBM said that when you use the -server option, you must authenticate the domain and/or engine tier. I am using an -authfile to contain the user name and password rather then on the line itself. Just thought I would share the resolution.
-Jennifer