Multiple Instance Job in Sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iq_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multiple Instance Job in Sequence

Post by iq_etl »

I've got a sequence that collects pre-row counts on a table prior to loading a table. This sequence has been set up execute whatever parallel job the scheduler sends it.

In the Job Properties of this PreCount job, I've checked 'Allow Multiple Instance'. What I'm hoping to see in Director is the result of this job each time it executes. Currently, in Director, there is only one job log to view for this PreCount job. So, if say, 100 jobs run in an evening, I might not get to see all of the results.

I guess I was under the impression that by 'Allowing Multiple Instances' I could see the results of this PreCount job for each unique job/table it runs for.

Is this not the case?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To achieve multiple instances you have to provide an invocation ID. This can be provided as a sequence parameter if necessary though, from memory, you have to type in the parameter reference - there's no "insert job parameter" control on this field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
iq_etl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iq_etl »

Looking at the Invocation ID input in Director it appears as if this is a hardcoded value. When you say to type in the parameter reference, we do have to create multiple instance via hardcoding, as the running of the sequence won't dynamically generate an Invocation ID. Say, append the job name to the end so each job has it's own instance.

Thanks!