Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

meriem_ens
Participant

Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5)

Post by meriem_ens »

Hi everyone,

I need your help on the following error:
Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project xxx (Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107)).

I've restarted DataStage, rebuilt the index and checked that the timeout is set to unlimited but still not working!

Thank you
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You get this error when, exactly? And is this affecting everyone or just you?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
meriem_ens
Participant

Post by meriem_ens »

Hi,

It is in a project where I have something like a hundred jobs. Sometimes the error happens when I open the project (every user can be affected). Sometimes it is after working for about 5-10 minutes or more.

I don't know if it is a coincidence but the error started happening after the /usr/dsadm directory had no space left in it. We have corrected this problem by deleting the datastage ascential installation media that we put there. but even after that, the error still happens (only not as often as when the directory was full).

I also started to have a strange behavior, like in the odbc enterprise stage where I would click to insert a job parameter and the window of job parameters would not open anymore. Actually this window don't open in any stage that has insert job parameter menu.

Odly enough if I create a new project with only one job I don't have any problem accessing the job parameter window and there is no error message.

Thanks.

EDIT : I just tested again with the new project (only one job in it) and now the insert job parameter windows in the ODBC entreprise stage did not open. i'm kinda of lost now.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's possible that one or more of the hashed files in the project became corrupted when the disk filled. Execute the following commands from a dssh environment or the Command window of the Administrator client for that project.

Code: Select all

SELECTFL
ACCOUNT.FILE.STATS ALL LOCAL
LIST STAT.FILE
The first command selects files that are local to the account.
The second command gathers statistics about these files.
The third command reports on those statistics.
During either the second or third command you may receive error messages about damaged hashed files.
You can then execute the following command against these files to retrieve additional information.

Code: Select all

UVFIXFILE <<FileName>>
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meriem_ens
Participant

Post by meriem_ens »

Hi,

Due to the premium content I can't see the answer.

Thank you for your help.