dsexport.exe command - Help required.

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran0435
Participant

dsexport.exe command - Help required.

Post by kiran0435 »

I want to export job with executable individually at command line. I am using dsexport.exe command, it is prompting to a window where in we need to reenter the user id , password and project details again.

I don't want any another window to be prompted. Directly using a single command I need the export of the job placed at the target location. Is there any way I can achieve this ?

The command that I am entering is
dsexport.exe /D <domain> /H <userid> /U <userid> /P <Password> /JOB <Jobname> <ProjectName> <TargetLocation>.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

You have your O/S marked as UNIX, but in UNIX the options use hyphens ("-"). Are you on Windows or are you using the wrong syntax? Also - what exact dot release are you on?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The dsexport.exe command is available on the client tier.

What's wrong with what you're doing? Have you tried encapsulating it in a command like start ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran0435
Participant

Post by kiran0435 »

I have directly executed at Client tier.

When I give that command, a popup window prompting for user id, password and project is getting enabled.

I don't want to re-enter it again. Datastage version is 8.5v and running the command from Windows.