Server is not responding

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rajendra_89
Participant

Server is not responding

Post by Rajendra_89 »

Hi All,

Our IT Team recently installed IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.7 on Windows 2008

But I am getting error while logging to the server from IBM InfoSphere Information Server that "Server is not responding"

I checked the service IBM WebSphere Application Service and found that it was stopped so I started it

But still I am not able to connect to server from any of the client tools...

It will be a big help if anyone provides solution for this issue...

Thanks in advance!
Rajendra
ETL Developer
InfoCepts
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Too many unknowns at the moment.

Were you able to connect to it at least once after installation? Did they get any error message during installation? Are you able to connect to the admin console? are you able to ping that server? What is the complete error message? are you specifying the correct port? What is the status of port for dsrpc demon (31538 by default) ?
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Rajendra_89
Participant

Post by Rajendra_89 »

Hello Kunal,

Thanks for your reply

No I am not able to connect to the server even once after installation

No error message at the time of installation. Only information I received that after installation server has been rebooted 4 to 5 times

Further I am able to ping to the server. Actually I am trying to connect to the DataStage server from the same server machine through the client tools

I have to actually configure the server after insallation

I am not able to connect to admin console and not even to Web Console for IBM information server

When I Enter the below fields in IBM Infosphere Information Server I get the error message 'Server is not responding'
Username
Password
Host name of the services Tier:

port is automatically selected as 9080.. which I believe is correct

I am not able to access DataStage Server from any of the client tools

When Try to connect to Web Console, Internet Explorer throws the message as 'Internet explorer cannot display the Webpage'

It will be great help from you if you provide with details of What else I am missing here..
Rajendra
ETL Developer
InfoCepts
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Two things to here first. Check the Version.xml on server installation for different ports assigned just to verify if the ports you are using are correct. Check the hosts file if it contains a server IP and its corresponding hostname.

Then verify if the processes are running for WAS, xmeta, dsrpcd etc. also check if the port status is LISTEN.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Rajendra_89
Participant

Post by Rajendra_89 »

Hello Kunal,

I checked on the version.xml file and found that ports defined are correct

Further included in the Server IP and name in the hosts file

But still not able to resolve the issue

One thing My IT Team told me that they have changed the IP of the server because of some reasons...

I am trying to connect to the IBM Information server with the changed IP but still not able to connect

anything else to be taken into consideration for this issue.?
Rajendra
ETL Developer
InfoCepts
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Rajendra_89 wrote:One thing My IT Team told me that they have changed the IP of the server because of some reasons...
There's your issue right there. From what I recall, that IP gets stored in more than one place and you can't simply change it for the box as they did and have the software continue to work. Unfortunately.

Best to contact your official support provider for instructions on how to get it changed to match in the product.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Rajendra_89
Participant

Post by Rajendra_89 »

ohh I see... Thanks Craig

I will move ahead with the suggested steps..
Rajendra
ETL Developer
InfoCepts