Report of users activity in DS

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Report of users activity in DS

Post by jreddy »

Is there any way to find out what users logged in to DataStage within a specific date range? Or maybe for me to generate a monthly report of all the users sessions in the past month.

Also, is there a way to report on all the commands issued by users via their Administrator client ?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not aware of where the login information might be stored, it could be in some XMETA table that I haven't encountered yet.

To the second part of the question - unfortunately no, there is no logging of what commands are executed via the Administrator.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

I was wondering if there was any report we can create using the web console that would capture and report the sessions. Web console will show you the current sessions..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There isn't (at least not in current versions).

You could build your own, but would need knowledge of how the DataStage Engine ("UniVerse") works, in particular techniques for intercepting logins. That is too big a topic to cover here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.