Datastage repository tables

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pattemk
Participant

Datastage repository tables

Post by pattemk »

Hi

I want to know the repository tables for the datastage version 9.1

Scenario:

Say i have a job called ABC. In that i want to know the source and the target table being used in the job without opening the jobs but through the repository tables which is possible in iinformatica. Is that, same can be achieved through datastage 9.1

Looking forward for the reply.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The repository tables for DataStage version 9.1 are, essentially, the same as for versions earlier than 9.1.

There are two repositories, in fact. There is the local, project, repository, which is the original design (from version 1.0), and there is the common metadata repository introduced by IBM in version 8.0.

The definitions of neither set of tables have been publicly documented by the vendor. In the case of the local repository you can work out much of what is in there by studying the header files in DSINCLUDE. There is currently no such easy path for the common metadata repository (but "watch this space").
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pattemk
Participant

Post by pattemk »

Thanks for your Reply

Could you please provide me the sample query/example/exact repository tables to achieve my scenario
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Table name (or SQL) is a property of a link.

In the local repository table names are to be found in the "pin" records of the DS_JOBOBJECTS table. A "pin" is one end of a link. OLETYPE of "pin" records indicates whther the pin is an input or an output link with respect to the stage to which it is connected.

"Pin" records can also be found in the RT_CONFIGxxx table (for job number xxx).

Both these kinds of records have structures that are not documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Another thought is that the answer might be far more complicated than just looking at the metadata in the repository...the source and target may be defined only by the values passed into the Job at runtime....in those cases, the best way to obtain the information is to use the Metadata Workbench, specifically with Operational Metadata and data lineage.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>