Password In Encyrpted format

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Password In Encyrpted format

Post by synsog »

Hi All -

Is there a way Datastage can validate a password value in a txt file which is in encrypted format ?

My requirement is as follows,

We have a external application whose password to connect to Database(DB2) changes very often. They will store the encrypted value in a txt file. I need to decrypt this password value & use it in my Datastage job.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance
Sysnog
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only if you have the decryption algorithm.

DataStage can be used to compare encrypted strings. That is, one encrypted string with/against another encrypted string.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

Thanks Ray.

The issue here is, the password is generated in Mainframe & they will store this file in Mainframe system. I am not sure how Datastage can interpret this decrypted value.

Thanks again
Synsog
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage can not "interpret" anything. All it can do is compare two strings - encrypted or otherwise - to determine whether they are the same.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.