ODBC errors on scheduled job only

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

evangeld
Participant

ODBC errors on scheduled job only

Post by evangeld »

I have a simple job that connects to a local Access database and writes to a PEEK. When I run the job manually it is successful. When I schedule the job it consistently aborts with this error:

ODBC_CSI_AccessDB: ODBC function "SQLConnect" reported: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = -1,022: Msg = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.
ODBC function "SQLConnect" reported: SQLSTATE = IM006: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (CC_OdbcConnection::connect, file CC_OdbcConnection.cpp, line 550)

I am able to schedule and successfully run other jobs that don't use ODBC connections.

I've traced the job and verified that the login id and password are being successfully passed.

Ideas?
Evan Van Gelder
evangeld
Participant

Re: ODBC errors on scheduled job only

Post by evangeld »

Additional Information: When I use a local copy of the Access database it works. When I reference a network location, it fails on the scheduled job (it still runs fine manually.)
Evan Van Gelder
evangeld
Participant

Re: ODBC errors on scheduled job only

Post by evangeld »

Closing in: The scheduled job does not have a USER variable set in the Environment variable settings. Probably cannot access a network share.
Evan Van Gelder
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

Evan, did you ever find a solution to this problem? Thanks