DB2 Upgrade - Issues in connectivity

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

DB2 Upgrade - Issues in connectivity

Post by waklook »

Good day,

We are unable to connect to datastage designer, director, manager, administrator and the consoles for IBM Information Server (version 8.1) after DB2 database was upgraded to latest pack by the Customer DB2 team. Now all the modules are giving connection issues when trying to logon.

(Note: DB2 was installed under the same installation of Information Server).

Kindly help by providing any related information for fixing the connectivity issues.

Best regards,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What issues? Your question is currently in the "my car won't start" category. More information is required.

Find out exactly what "customer DB2 team" did. In particular did they change the administrator user/password, or change it to expire, or something else?

Does the WebSphere Application Server (services tier) start? If not, what errors occur in its log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by waklook »

Actually they upgraded the DB2 database which is holding the Metadata Repository. (The subject DB2 database which was embedded in the installer was created at the time of installation of Information Server). Now the DB2 team supposedly removed the older DB2 version and upgraded it with the new one.

After the upgrading we are unable to connect to any module (datastage designer, director etc) and consoles.

The error we are recieving is as follows:
-- Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
Unable to begin a transaction: [Can't lookup a connection]--
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please answer my other questions too, particularly the one about WAS. It's beginning to look like they've done something with the xmeta user/password (or maybe, coincidentally, that password has expired).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.