Topology Clarification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

Topology Clarification

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

We have various topologies while installing the engine tier, metadata repository tier, and services tier(Single computer topology,Client/server topology,Dedicated engine tier topology,Dedicated computer etc).I am not sure which Topology currently using in my project.
Is there any way to find which topology i am using other than asking Datastage admin.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

I don't think so. The topology of a specific installation (not project) is part of the output of an ISALite general health check. But you need administrator privileges to run that.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You get a rough idea when logging in. If the services machine is different from the machine on which your project lies, then you're using at least a three-tier topology (since you're on UNIX and the client tier must be on Windows).

I think it unlikely that yours is a four-tier topology, since best practice always is to co-locate the services and repository tiers. But that is more difficult to determine if your not an administrator, unless your work throws repository errors.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.