What version of DataStage is compatible with Teradata 14.0?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar123
Premium Member
Premium Member

What version of DataStage is compatible with Teradata 14.0?

Post by kumar123 »

Hello,

I am at a client site where they are evaluating Teradata for a specific business need. Besides the actual evaluation effort, I am looking at the compatibility of DataStage 8.5 with Teradata 14.0 version. If any of you are using DataStage and Teradata 14.0 combination, what version of DataStage are you on? (To the level of Fix pack number). Really appreciate any feedback.

Yes, This question can be posed to IBM tech support but there is a good reason for posting it here. :)

Thanks,
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The question can be answered by interrogating IBM's website, so what benefit is there in posting it here?
:?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kumar123 »

I had done enough searching on IBM website, DataStage product documentation and Teradata site to learn very few specifics but not solid answers. So here is an attempt to seek insight from our very knowledgeable family of DSXchange members who are using Teradata 14.0 with DataStage. Needless to repeat that there is a good reason for not going to IBM tech support yet, I am sure we will end up talking to them within next few weeks.

Please respond to this post with your DataStage version details if you are using DataStage and Teradata 14.0 combination. Appreciate any useful information in this regard.

Thanks,
Kumar
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

My site has 8.5 and it works just fine with TD 14.0.

We run 64 Bit Linux version of 8.5.
kumar123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kumar123 »

Paul,

Thanks for responding. We are on 8.5 with Fix pack 1. Would you be able to share what Fix pack level are you on 8.5?

Thanks,
Kumar
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Are you encountering an issue?

We are a big TD shop (litterally, probably the biggest out there). Works fine with DataStage 8.5.

Have a chat with your TD DBAs. Ask them if they have any concerns or issues with supporting a deployment on your OS level. Odds are they will support it just fine.

Update your dsenv to point to their tool install path (see TD Connectivity guide). And bounce the engine. Pretty simple.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

PaulVL wrote:My site has 8.5 and it works just fine with TD 14.0.

We run 64 Bit Linux version of 8.5.

Hi Paul,
What Fix Pack level are you on?
We are on 8.5 FP1 on RHEL 64 bit, we recently upgraded from TD 12 to 14 and TTU's are still 13 - But we are seeing issues with bulk mode option which uses Fast load , export -TPT operators.
Do we need to install TTU 14 ?

appreciate your help.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My current site uses version 8.7 DataStage with Teradata 14.0.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.