DataStage Not Creating Instances

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Not Creating Instances

Post by jerome_rajan »

Hi,

We have a multi-instance load job that is meant to be run for multiple tabes simultaneously. My understanding was that if I pass an 'Invocation Id', DataStage should create an instance and if I don't then it should process the job without creating an instance.

In my case however, no instances are getting created when I run the job with an invocation id. But if I run the job as part of a sequencer and pass an invocation id from the sequencer, then instances get created. Any one faced this before?
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
sendmkpk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sendmkpk »

if u check director, u can see jobname.invocation_id after run

well the history of previous run gets deleted after a new run, this might be ur case

others can correct me
Praveen
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: DataStage Not Creating Instances

Post by chulett »

jerome_rajan wrote:no instances are getting created when I run the job with an invocation id.
When you run it how exactly, from where?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jerome_rajan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jerome_rajan »

When I run the job individually (not as part of a sequencer). Say I have a multi-instance job - Jb_abc. When I run the job individually with an invocation id (say 'xyz'), I would expect an entry in the director that says Jb_abc.xyz is in running state while Jb_abc will be in compiled state. But in my case, the director does not display any instance and simply shows Jb_abc in running state.

Note - Happens only in my machine. The same job worked flawlessly when triggered from a peer's machine.
Jerome
Data Integration Consultant at AWS
Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try restarting your client machine.

If that doesn't work, remove and re-install the client software on your machine.

Is your machine at the same patch/fixpack level as your peer's?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.