Problem logging into a DS project

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

memrinal
Participant

Problem logging into a DS project

Post by memrinal »

Hi,
I am in a new DS env and have been granted access to some DS projects by the admin.
however on trying to login i get the foll. message.

Record (some numbers) My Desktop name - on file 29 cannot be written.

Has anyone else faced a miliar situation and what was the resolution.
Thanks in Advance

Regards
Mrinal
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You probably do not have write permission or appropriate privileges to the DS_LICENSE table, which indicates an improper server installation or someone fiddling with the permissions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Thanks Ray
The permissions were not set correctly.
Admin assigned proper permissions to the group and things working fine now.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Its time for you to mark the thread as "Resolved". :)
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Done :wink:
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

ray.wurlod wrote:You probably do not have write permission or appropriate privileges to the DS_LICENSE table, which indicates an improper server installation or someone fiddling with the permissions. ...
Hi ,

I am also getting same error, can you please let me know which file or table i need to check about permissions?
Siva
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Other than the one you just quoted?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Six years on the structures are different.

Check the permissions on ALL objects in the project directory, not forgetting the DATA.30, OVER.30 and .Type30 files in the hashed file directories.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

After given 775 permission to all files and directories , getting the following error:

Record 6138A24B-22E5-4FDB-AA4E-77D1756EA27D-SKANC2:1508 on file 29 cannot be written
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is a key in the XMETA database which changing permissions in the local DataStage project won't help at all. As noted, structures have changed since the original post was made. You have to look at the user name tied to the (WebSphere Application Server) metadata access/delivery services.
esivaprasad
Participant

Post by esivaprasad »

ray.wurlod wrote:That is a key in the XMETA database which changing permissions in the local DataStage project won't help at all. As noted, structures have changed since the original post was made. You have to look ...
Hi ,

What permissions need to give to all files and folders whatever in dsengine folder,current in my dsengine folder some files/folders permissions are 775, some are 700 and some are 750.
Siva