Client install both 8.7 and 9.2

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samdsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Client install both 8.7 and 9.2

Post by samdsx »

Hi I have IIS 8.7 on my system and I tried to install IIS 9.2 (will be working on multiple projects) . While installing 9.2 I am getting "Port 19443 is not available" error. When taking to both 8.7 and 9.2 admins, they confirmed to use "19443" port. How to install 9.2 with the same port.

FYI .. Installing one version at a time, by removing other version works fine.

I need both 8.7 and 9.2 client versions, I am on 32 bit windows 7 OS.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Sam.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you think you have to use the same port?

Incidentally, there is no version 9.2 (yet).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
samdsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samdsx »

The ports were default when installing both 8.7 and 9.1, also admins for the projects informed me to use these ports (different admins and different project). I am not sure if any other ports will work ?

Correction we are trying to install 9.1.0.0 version (from version.xml).

Thanks,
-Sam.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can specify different ports for every single service if you wish.

What happens if you shut down (rather than remove) the other version?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

It is true that Information-Server does not automatically set alternative ports for all services when installing multiple versions in parallel on the same system. But it is documented, that in this kind of scenario it is necessary to specify different ports during installation.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
samdsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samdsx »

I asked my Admins if I can change the ports, both of them informed me to used same ports.

Tried option of installing 8.7 and shutdown and tried to install 9.1 (all client tiers), same error.

Tried option of installing 8.7 and shutdown and tried to install 9.1 Datastage only, Install successful.

After installing one component after other, I found that when we are trying to install "Metadata Interchange Agent" we get port not avaliable error. can you explain how/what is communicated for this client.

- Sam.