parameter set clarification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi.4a6
Participant

parameter set clarification

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I have some Jobs in Develoment environment which is having various Job parameters(Database username,Database password etc) defined in one parameter set.These Job parameters are different from Development ,Test and production environment.How to make sure that no changes should be done to the Datastage Jobs so that it will use new values depends upon environment?
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Values Files with your Parameter Sets, and protect the higher environment projects.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

I think even i am using different value files [ex-valuefile1 consists of parameters related to Test environment and
valuefile2 consists of parameters related to Production environment] while running the Job depends on environment I have to select the value file manually.I do not want to do this because I should not do any changes or manual selection after jobs are deployed in Test and production environment.Please correct me i am wrong?
Thanks and Regards
Vamsi krishna.v
http://datastage-vamsi.blogspot.in/
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

How do You pass the Value-file to be chosen to your jobs? As a hardcoded string on the sequence?

Usually I'd expect you to pass the parameter-set itself to the job without choosing the name of the value-file. The value-file is then chosen at runtime when starting the activity that calls the job. This can be a different file in different environments.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
sultan@cts
Participant

Post by sultan@cts »

you can pass the different value as parameter. if you are triggering the sequencer from unix script.
Thanks
Sultan