Datastage Installation Error

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pkll
Participant

Datastage Installation Error

Post by pkll »

Hi,

After completing a Datastage 9.1 installation I am getting below error.

Code: Select all

The operation failed because the database manager failed to access either the database manager 
configuration file or the database configuration file 
I have tried to open Web console for IBM InfoSphere Information Server, but it is not responding..

Could you please let me know how to resolve?
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

It is hard to diagnose the problem when you don't say what you were doing when you got the error. What were you trying to do?

However - if you can't get into WAS Admin, that's a serious issue. If WAS isn't working, then nothing will probably work.

First - check to insure that WebSphere is actually running. The easiest way is to do a "ps -ef | grep java" and look for an entry with your WebSphere profile name listed in it (usually server1 if you have a default installation). If that isn't running, then go to step 2 below and check the logs.

If you can't get into WAS, you can go into the logs sub-directory of your WAS profile and look for SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log files and see what they say. Reading these logs can be moderately difficult if you've never done it, so check to see if you can get assistance from a WebSphere administrator.

Last, check under the /tmp/dsinstall/logfiles directory and in it will be a copy of your installation log. Check that for errors.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020