DSJOB - special case

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSJOB - special case

Post by TonyInFrance »

Hello

I am launching a Datastage job using the dsjob command and assigning a particular parameter set. However I see that due to certain restrictions I need to at times choose a different value that is in the parameter set (only one parameter)

This is based on an if then condition.

Thus my question is: is it possible to selectively override parameter values in a parameter set when launching jobs using dsjob and a parameter set?

Thanks guys

Tony
Tony
BI Consultant - Datastage
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Yes, You can override the values of parameters if you are passing the values through scripts.
And if you don't pass any value, then the default value will be picked up which is set in the job.
We are also doing the same in some of our jobs.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by TonyInFrance »

Thanks bro.
Tony
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Hi Tony,

sorry to interrupt as you've already marked this topic resolved. Did you really succeed in replacing a single value from a parameter-set by using a Unix-script - or did you just take Chandra's response for granted?

If you did succeed I'd like to have some more information how you did it, because it seems almost impossible to me...

One thing I know is possible - but not a solution my current client likes too well - is to manipulate the values in the value-file at run-time. See this post for details.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
TonyInFrance
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by TonyInFrance »

Hi Roland

I think I misunderstood Chandra's solution... but then I realized that I had not explained my situation clearly. However you seem to have understood my exact requirement.

Chandra's solution was to either use the entire parameter set by specifying the VALUE or omit it altogether. the the latter case I don't really know what would happen.

What I wanted initially was to choose a VALUE for the parameter set BUT override one of the parameter values contained in the parameter set.

I admit I don't think this is possible.

Regards

Tony
Tony
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

My bad.. :oops:
I think I misunderstood the post too.
As suggested by Ray in that post, we can change the values defined in values files belonging to the Parameter Set, if "(As pre-defined)" is not set.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can also use "dot notation" for example

Code: Select all

-param MySet.MyParam=1
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.