Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=14);

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketfos
Participant

Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=14);

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
We are trying to connect on datastgage 9.1 on Linux using windows client.
If the user is autneticated uisng dsadm linux user, he can connect
If the user is auhtenticated using dsstage linux user, he gets the error message below
Please advice ?

Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=14); check DataStage is set up correctly in project cvvproj
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

This error occurred on 3/23/2013 at 5:30 PM (Standard format: 2013/03/23 17:30:50)

Product Version: 9.1.0.0

Error message:
Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=14); check DataStage is set up correctly in cvvproj

(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was the system installed without NLS enabled, and any imported job exported from a system with NLS enabled? Or, perhaps, is NLS installed but not enabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

System installed with NLS enabled

Jobs were exported from datastage 8.1 (NLS not enabled) to datastage 91. (NLS was enabled while installation). The export/import was done using dsx files.
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, this incompatibility is at the heart of the problem. Something from the old system has nothing where (now) expected in one of the NLS fields. Given that it's bypassed by the administrative user, I'd suggest that it's something project-specific.

Either add dsstage to the DataStage and QualityStage Administrator role while you are sorting it out, or only login as dsadm. You will need to check everything you've imported into the project to determine where the problem lies.

Try creating a new project. The dsstage user will probably be able to log in there. They try adding components (such as jobs) to that new project.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi Ray,

I have created a new project in datastage 9.1 (Linux)
The user (when authenticated as dsadm) is able to login successfully in the new project.
The user (when authenticated as dsstage) is not able tp login in the new project.

Ketfos
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can dsstage login using the Administrator client?
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

1. It gives the same error message as I get in designer client.
2. However when I click the CLOSE button it pops with a message "check if user is correctly set up in uv"
Every hit on close button, give this message.
3. After several attempts, At the end, it opens up a adminstrator but no project is listed.
4. If I logon as dsadm, I can see the projects set up by the administrator. there are 7 projects.

Thanks.
Ketfos
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are the Engine credentials set up correctly for dsstage?

Has user dsstage been allocated to a project role in the Administrator client (for example DataStage and QualityStage Developer)?
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

1. We have a Unix user dsstage.
2. We have created a user datastage and gave him dsstage unix users credentials.
3. The user datastgage has given the role of datastage developer and administrator.
4. In datastage administrator, the user has been added to the project with which user tries to logon. and given role of a adminsitrator.

What other things I need to set up?

Thanks

Ketfos
ketfos
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

UNIX permissions. All of the files in the project should, if best practice is followed, be owned by dsadm with group (let's say) dstage. The dsstage user should have the dstage group as primary group. ALL DataStage users should have umask set to 002, so that other members of the group have access to objects created by any user in the group.