IIS 8.7 uninstallation issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathishmca
Participant

IIS 8.7 uninstallation issue

Post by sathishmca »

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with uninstalling IIS 8.7. When i tried to install IIS 9.1, it was not properly done.So, i tried remove 8.7,used normal uninstallation. BUt i could able to remove only client,all other three tiers are not removed.

Please guide me to remove all the tiers from my machine?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sathish
Sathish Bhojan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Firstly, HOW did you try to uninstall? And are all four tiers on the same machine?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Which machine ? Client machine or Server machines ? The Install guide , incidentally also guides you through the uninstall process - some files may be left behind and you need to manually clean them. For your server , you will have to use the automated uninstaller and do some manual clean up steps post uninstall. You would also need to drop your metadata/iadb/match designer and operations console databases in case you have them - At least one ( xmeta or metadata repository) would have been required when you first installed 8.7 . Good luck with 9.1 though.
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

Hi If you are removing IIS 8.7 and installing 9.1 then why dont remove everything under /opt/IBM/InformationServer and /opt/IBM/WebSphere.

you can drop all databases (xmeta ,iadb,dsodb)
you should make sure ports cleared.

where as in IIS 9.1 you will install xmeta and iadb .
DSODB comes will installation so you dont have to install it separately.