Removing a Project from DataStage Administrator

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Removing the directory has caused all kinds of issues. You will - at the very least - need to remove entries from UV.ACCOUNT and UV_SCHEMAS (the latter using VERIFY.SQL), and the project entry from the XMETA database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

If you want to recover, you can create that folder and put 6 required files to the folder as described here. Then run ISALite to recover the VOC and other stuff.

If you want to just get rid of it, you can start from here

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can you check if there are any stray locks present in is console having same session id?
Priyadarshi Kunal

joycerecacho
Participant

Post by joycerecacho »

priyadarshikunal wrote:If you want to recover, you can create that folder and put 6 required files to the folder as described here. Then run ISALite to recover the VOC and other stuff.
Actually my friend I don't have any of these 6 files.
But this project that I created is an empty one, I mean, there is no job or anything else. I just created to check a default information and then delete it .
I copied these 6 files from the Template directory to the project directory and, when I logged in at the Administrator and tried to delete the project, the following message appeared:

Invalid project name supplied (39129)
Joyce A. Recacho
São Paulo/SP
Brazil
joycerecacho
Participant

Post by joycerecacho »

priyadarshikunal wrote:Can you check if there are any stray locks present in is console having same session id?
No, there is not, my friend!!

Thankssss
Joyce A. Recacho
São Paulo/SP
Brazil
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

if there is no such thing, I think you need to cleanup abandoned locks in xmeta repository before you try to delete the entries for this project.

There is a shell script cleanup_abandoned_locks.sh which needs to be run using root. You can find the details for clearing locks here.
Priyadarshi Kunal

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Actually VOC must be created using ISALite in FIX mode and should not be copied from template which is mentioned there as well. But anyways check my previous post to get rid of that abandoned lock preventing the project to be deleted.
Priyadarshi Kunal