How to identify all job names using local handlers

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ozgurgul
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to identify all job names using local handlers

Post by ozgurgul »

Hi all,

I know that I can go through Director logs for a particular job to see any message handler is invoked or not. Yet, I have over 200 jobs in a project. It would be tiresome exercise to finalize list of jobs using local handler. Besides, I know that local handlers are also residing in the project folder ../Projects/<<projectName>>/RT_SCNNNN/Local.msh and when you compile the job, the handler is included in the job executable as a local handler (and so can be exported to other systems if required) too.

However, I am looking for a quick "win" type of solution to find all the job names which have a local handler in a short while?

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much in advance,
Ozgur
Ozgur GUL
Assumption is the mother of all mistakes!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Some things are just tiresome.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ozgurgul
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ozgurgul »

@Ray - Thanks very much.

Folks - I reckon I found an easy way to identify the name of the job just by looking at the local handlers' file (RT_SCNNNN/Local.msh). Apperantly there is an "example of message text" recorded once you save the local handler file.

Image.

That gives you the hinge to find the job name.

However, It is quick unreliable information you can get from the local handler it seems. Yet I am still looking for much robust solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ozgur
Ozgur GUL
Assumption is the mother of all mistakes!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Local Message Handlers OnlyUse find to determine the location of each Local.msh file.
Get the job number from SCnnnn in its pathname.
Look up the job name in DS_JOBS.

However, if you're using named message handlers the above method won't work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.