Extracting Daily run times of all Jobs Run

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Director client. Disable display of categories. Sort by start time. From the menu choose Print (and then, if required, check Print To File).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

Is this information not stored in a universe table? Is it possible to extract it with an ETL job that selects via an UV stage?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A Universe table? No, there's one per job. If you are on 8.7+ there is the Operations Console or you could script something using dsjob from the command line.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
als110
Participant

Post by als110 »

I really wanted to avoid the dsjob with a script but that might be my best option. One last thought though. When you us DSJOBINFO in a transformer will it only work for the job that is currently running? For example what if I have a list of jobs and I pass them through the transformer. I then call

DSGetJobInfo(inputlink.JobField,DSJ_JOBSTARTTIMESTAMP) When I do this from my csv list I just get -1 values for all rows.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, that's because your first argument is not a job handle. Error code -1 translates as DSJE.BADHANDLE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Right, you have to use DSAttachJob first to establish a handle, then pass that handle to the other functions. And lastly detach it when you are done.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers