WAS won't start

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

WAS won't start

Post by tonystark622 »

Hi all,

I'm just posting this in the event that someone else encounters this problem, maybe this will save someone some sweat.

My users starting having problems logging in. I noticed that I was getting password expired errors in the SystemOut.log. I shutdown WAS and tried to restart it. It wouldn't come up. Errors in the SystemOut.log indicated an error connecting to the Repository.

I started checking to see if any DB2 users had expired passwords and discovered that the 'db2fenc1' user's password had expired. I got the password reset, but WAS still wouldn't start. IBM Support suggested that I run the 'AppServerAdmin.sh' command with the -db option. I did and used the xmeta username and password, neither of which had changed. After that WAS started! I don't know why that fixed the issue since 'db2fenc1' user was the one whose password expired, not 'xmeta', but it did.

Hope that helps someone.
Tony
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I deduce that either the db2fenc1 user account was unlocked in the interim, or that you still have an expired password but have not yet attempted any fenced operations against the database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.