How to find the username who has last modified the job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

diipanjan
Participant

How to find the username who has last modified the job

Post by diipanjan »

Is there any DataStage function which I can use to get the name of the user who has last modified a datastage job?
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

In designer, select advanced in Find options there you will get options for last modified.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Well, yes and no. Advanced Find allows a slightly different question to be answered; which jobs were last modified by user X. I don't think this is what dipanjan was seeking.

As far as I am aware there is no way in any of the clients to determine who created or who last modified a job. This information is clearly kept, since it can be used as filter in Advanced Find.
(I was wrong - see below)

The following queries can report the creation and modification information respectively. They can be issued through the Administrator client Command window.

Code: Select all

SELECT INSTANCE, CREATOR, DTC FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE CLASS = '2';

SELECT INSTANCE, MODIFIER, DTM FROM UNNEST DS_AUDIT ON MODS WHERE CLASS = '2' ORDER BY INSTANCE ASC, DTM DESC;
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BillB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BillB »

Try this - in Designer:
  • Open quick find
    Enter the job name, click Find
    Click the '1 match' link
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nice.

You may need to expand the Advanced Find result window horizontallly (or scroll right) to get to the modifier and dtm information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.