Do you have a code review for moving to Production?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deboots
Premium Member
Premium Member

Do you have a code review for moving to Production?

Post by deboots »

If you have an existing peer or code review process - would you be willing to share it? I realize that code and peer reviews are largely based on the standards within your organization. However, it will be useful for us to see what others are doing so that we can incorporate best practices.

Feel free to contact me directly if that's more comfortable for you than posting something here.

Thanks much!

Debbie
bob7027
Participant

Post by bob7027 »

so far we do peer review meeting with all the technical people in which you mainly check with naming standards and review codes and process explanation.
Here we there will be producer & reviewer
Producer is the one who developed the job.
Reviwer is who will be validating the job, as verifying all the standards and process of the job does.
In meeting reviewer is the one who explains how he verified the process.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We follow a similar peer review mechanism, though it's before the artefacts leave the DEV environment at all - that is, before they go into SIT or UAT.
No changes are permitted other than in DEV, which guarantees that when artefacts are deployed into production they are compliant. And testing in SIT and UAT guarantees that they work!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You must have better testers than we do. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Two fundamentals.

1. A test plan is created and approved based on the original specifications (often available from FastTrack). The test report must cover every point in the test plan, reporting expected, actual, pass/fail and comments.

2. The test is never performed by the job's creator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.