Run job from a Batch File

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Run job from a Batch File

Post by synsog »

Hi All,

We have V8.7 on Windows and
Engine on 1 Tier and the Services/Metadata tier on another server

Under Engine Credentials, we have used the option to share the user registry (but we have not been able to set to use Active Directory yet)

We created a new user, say "usr" with relevant password from the Information Server Console, under Users and Groups and gave associated Suite role and Suite Component roles

I am able to open the Designer Client, design and run the job w/o any issues.
But when I try to execute this same job for a valid project via a batch file from the correct directory for dsjob from the Engine (remote logging to it) I get this error

C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine\bin> dsjob -domain XYZ -server EngineName -user usr -password pass -run dstage1 test_copy

ERROR: Failed to open project
Status code = -1010 DSJE_DOMAINLOGTOFAILED

I tried mapping the user credentials too (after deselecting the Share User Registry option for this engine) but still the same error

Has anyone seen this error before..kindly help
synsog
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by synsog »

I was able to successfully run..I was not giving the port number post the domain name. After adding the default :9080 to the domain name and it ran fine