Identify current topology

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Identify current topology

Post by zulfi123786 »

We were provided with the basic information of datastage infrastructure and was trying to find out complete information of datastage topology. I recollect the installation information is captured in a response file but wondering where it exists (it's location is specified during installation I guess)
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You guess right. Try /opt/IBM/InformationServer/response.txt
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

Could anybody explain what is meant by datastage topology with respect to datastage?I know the meaning of Topology
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

When everything is running on the same computer, then you have a single computer topology. Then you might have installed your DS Server on server1, DB Server (repository) on server2, WebSpere App Server on server3, then you have multiple computers topology.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

For complete information refer to infosphere information server planning installation and configuration guide
- Zulfi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Specifically, 'Chapter 3. Planning Step 3: Designing an Installation Topology' lists (and details) the various topologies.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are four tiers (Client, Engine, Services, Metadata Repository). Topology is where (on which machines) you place these tiers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.