alt_call_name,alt_u_call_name in DSParams

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

alt_call_name,alt_u_call_name in DSParams

Post by zulfi123786 »

Could any one please help in understanding what alt_call_name,alt_u_call_name are in DSParams function specifications

Below is a syntax for function specification in DSParams

Code: Select all

/* Each line consists of: FunctionName\NumberOfArgs [ - MaxNumberOfArgs ]\Description\FunctionCategory\returntype\argtype:argdesc,...\alt_call_name,alt_u_call_name\HiddenFromGUILists
Thanks
Last edited by zulfi123786 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Zulfi
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Ohhh ! I am starting to recollect having read what is specified as alt_call_name for each function in DSParams as function name equivalent in modify stage and also the same in tranformer generated code.
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... and alt_u_call_name is used when Unicode is in effect, and you're dealing with ustring instead of string in the modify operator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

Thanks Ray, and the naming convention 'alt_call_name' have any expansion/significance
- Zulfi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

None that you have not already posted. It's the alternate call name. Have a look at any example in DSParams (that is, not the description itself). For example you will learn that function StringToDate has an alternate call name of date_from_string that can be used in a Modify stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.